|Company :||Anderson Strathern|
|Category :||Private Client|
|Date :||30 September, 2019|
Anderson Strathern is well known for its Private Client practice.
We are a progressive leading Scottish law firm with a strong brand focused on taking our
clients where they want to be. We have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian.
We pride ourselves in providing a seamless, high quality, service delivering commercial
and practical advice to help our clients achieve their personal and professional goals.
We have a vacancy for a Legal Executive to join our Private Client Department based in
our Edinburgh office. You will be supporting 6 Partners and servicing some of our major
You will be responsible for:
- Working alongside solicitors, dealing with administration of estates of private clients of varying circumstances.
- Assisting and managing a portfolio of clients including drafting documents – e.g. powers of attorney and simple wills.
- Dealing with intestate cases, preparing Initial Writs for appointment of Executors Dative and bonds of caution.
- Preparing Initial Writs for special warrant under the Requirements of Writing Act.
- Dealing with HMRC and understanding the penalty regime.
- Arranging payment of items on behalf of clients, assistance with preparation of fees and involvement in administration of the department’s will reminder programme.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience as a paralegal in private client work – including managing your own case load
- Strong technical and IT skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Well organised, methodical and able to prioritise workload
- Act professionally and be a representative for your department, be diligent and motivated to achieve the firm’s objectives
- Ability to meet agreed fee earning targets and have an understanding of financial issues relevant to your role
- Ability to manage time effectively to maximise the profitability of your work and be developing your organisational skills
- Ability to develop client relationship and client care skills by delivering high quality advice
You will be paid a salary which is competitive in the market as well as an excellent benefits
package, you will also have the opportunity to liaise with senior stakeholders and build
your career in a dynamic and energetic environment.
There are excellent prospects for progression within this role and within the firm as a whole.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter
to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number “299”
in the subject.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the
development of a diverse workforce.