19A Canning Street
Tel: 0131 229 1212
Fax: 0131 229 5611
Glasgow, £neg + Benefits Package
Lindsays is a full-service law firm with a reputation for providing an excellent and outstanding service.
Our Commercial Property Team acts for a wide range of investors, developers, banks, landlords and tenants and is looking for an experienced residential or commercial conveyancing paralegal to join them.
This role primarily consists of residential conveyancing work but for corporate clients including plot sales for housebuilders, residential sales and purchases for volume investors and security work in connection with the foregoing. You must be capable of and taking responsibility for running your own files from start to finish. In addition to technical competencies, you must have the ability to communicate in a confident, clear and relaxed way and will be able to work well as part of a busy team.
The core hours are 9am - 5pm, although flexi time is available.
Key responsibilities include:
· Providing a comprehensive, quality service to clients of the firm in all aspects of conveyancing principally in the areas set out above
· Maintaining a busy and largely unsupervised caseload with particular emphasis on high volume residential sales and purchases and repeat business for corporate clients
· Ordering searches, property enquiry certificates, preparing registration forms, drafting land and buildings transaction tax forms and all matters relating to the work set out above including good file administration
· Being in regular contact with clients by telephone, email and general correspondence
· Taking an active role in business development activities.
Key experience and skills required:
· Solid experience in a similar role is essential although those with a sound grounding in purely residential conveyancing will be considered
· Methodical approach to work with good organisational skills and ability to cope with a volume workload and work to demanding timescales
· Ability to communicate in a confident, clear and relaxed way
· A team player
· Good IT and word processing skills
· Ability to work under pressure
If you are interested in applying for the above role and possess the relevant experience please send your CV including a note of your current salary to Pearl Black, HR Officer, Caledonian Exchange, 19A Canning Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8HE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – 5 September 2017
NO AGENCIES PLEASE