1 Union Wynd
Telephone: +44 (0)1224 621621
Fax: +44 (0)1224 627437
50 Lothian Road, Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 (0)131 473 6000
Fax: +44 (0)131 473 6006
120 Bothwell Street
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)141 248 4933
Fax: +44 (0)141 204 1601
Paralegal - Private Capital
Job Title: Paralegal
Division: Private Capital
Hours of work: Consideration will be given for full or part time hours
Responsible To: Director
Purpose: To provide full support services for fee earners within the Private Capital team.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Deal with the day to day aspects of Trust, Estate, Power of Attorney and Guardianship administration;
· Preparation of C1 and C5 forms and IHT400, IHT100 and associated HMRC forms;
· Preparation of Trust, Estate, Power of Attorney and Guardianship accounts;
· Maintain Trusts database- inputting principal Trusts information, asset types and key dates. Appraise the team of critical dates and take action as appropriate;
· Deal with FATCA compliance and LEI registration;
· Collate information for online trust registration service;
· Interaction with clients;
· Keep up to date with latest developments in law and practice
· Basic income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax knowledge in relation to trusts and estates;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
· Supports the division’s main business development activities. Occasional travel among the firm’s three offices (Aberdeen / Glasgow / Edinburgh).
· Attention to detail, good client facing skills and keen to embrace new technology.
The job holder is likely to have more than 5 years' experience and may hold one or more related accounting, para-legal and/or tax qualifications (ATT / SOLAS / STEP). Consideration will be given to candidates without these qualifications based on experience and demonstrable track record.
This job specification is written as an indication of the nature and scope of duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as a fully descriptive or definitive list and jobholders will be expected to carry out other duties assigned which are appropriate to the position. The duties as described may be altered as necessary by the firm.
If you have any questions please contact Michelle.Scott@burnesspaull.com