Registered Paralegal Scheme membership renewal
10th Sep 2013
In order to make renewal payments easier we are planning to change the way you can make your payment to the Registered Paralegal Scheme. Firstly, renewal for all members will now happen in February each year replacing the current system which is based on the month of joining. This means that if there are several registered paralegals in the one firm then subscriptions can be covered by one payment. Secondly, from 2014 payment can be made by cheque, bacs or credit card.
- The new annual payment schedule will commence February 2014
- All payments from October 2013 will be deferred until February 2014
- Pro rata refunds will be calculated in February 2014 for members who have renewed and paid before October 2013
- Worldpay will be discontinued
- If you are due to pay in August/September, please pay as usual and then cancel your Worldpay agreement
- If you are due to pay from October onwards, please cancel your Worldpay agreement now
If you have any problems cancelling your Worldpay agreement please contact registeredparalegals@lawscot.
- New applicants will only be required to pay a pro rata fee from date of entry until the following January and then a full annual payment from the following February
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at registeredparalegals@lawscot.
Manager Registrar's Department
The Law Society of Scotland
DD: 0131 476 8179